Our PatioLockTM Security System (Patent Pending) offers the Ultimate in Security and Convenience for pet doors for sliding doors!
The PatioLockTM system is the only patio pet door that locks the glass sliding door/s and also captures the screen door with the following revolutionary benefits:
- Instant Security!
- Locks both single opening and double opening sliding doors (ie., two doors that open away from each other)!
- No Screwing.
- No Cutting.
- No tools (alan key supplied).
- No handy skills!
- No extra installation costs (average cost to install a MAX security package that requires drilling/screwing/cuttting and transferring of lock mechanisms on to the pet door is $200 on top of the pet door cost).
- Fast installation.
- Fast removal.
- Suits both single or double hook locks (common sliding door lock mechanisms that entail hook/s that flick out of the door handle).
- No brackets.
- No cutting and bending to pick up crude rods in tracks to try and wedge the sliding door against the pet door.
- No need to install lock brackets to screw the pet door in to the sliding door frame.
- No need to purchase and install extra lock hardware (e.g., patiobolts that require tools/drilling/skills/costs).
- No damage to the sliding door (no screw holes)
- No damage to the sliding door frame (no screw holes)
- No damage to the pet door system (no screw holes).
- The Patiolock Security System can be used at multiple properties because it's totally adjustable - great for renters!
- Utlises existing locks which makes the most sense and is the most efficient locking method.
- Allows for keyed entry through the sliding door because the existing locks are used so the key lock will work!
- Allows use of your screen door as well with the Adjustable Security Adapter (patent pending) that also requires no cutting because it is height adjustable!
- Our Adjustable Security Adapter is the only multi-use adapter. You can use it at mulitple properties because it is height addjustable (no need to buy another adapter in future when you change house).
- The Adjustable Security Adapter also has a great weather and bug seal system to maximise insect and weather proofing.
- You have the option to lock the security screen door as well (catchers would need to be transferred in to the adapter if this is desired).
- Fast installation- takes only minutes to set up and then relax and enjoy the easy security!
- Fast removal and re-installation of pet door system in seconds if situations arise such as holidays, a party, moving. No more unscrewing brackets, etc which required tools/skills/time/inconvenience.
- Sliding door will lock immediately after the pet door is removed- no need to relocate catchers (tools, skills, time) because original lock hardware remains untamperred.
- Aesthetically pleasing - designed to mirror sliding door lock hardware.
- Made in Australia (lots of businesses are involved in manufacturing this system).
Why would I buy the PatioLockTM Security System?
If you want to be able to easily lock your sliding glass door without needing anyone to help and/or without the need to spend money ($200) for a handyperson to fit our original pet door + screen door adapter MAX security package then this systemis for you. It really does offer the ultimate in security and convenience.
The PatioLockTM system is also great for renters and/or home owners that want to be able to re-use the system in other doors/properties without needing to leave screw holes in sliding door frames and on the pet door and without the need to buy another adapter at the next property. Note every sliding door tends to be a different height and also has different lock locations and mechanisms. Fortunately, the PatioLockTM solves all the problems assocated with these variables because you can re-use without tools/screws/skills!
If you have twin doors (two doors that open away from each other), then the PatioLockTM system is the only system that will lock the glass doors easily and quickly. No other pet door system can do this with twin doors because you cannot transfer the catchplate on to the Screen Door Adapter as per the old method outlined in the MAX security packages because the catch plate is part of the door handle on one of the doors. Thus it makes no sense to remove a door handle and this also leaves that door unlocked. The PatioLockTM system solves all these issues and not there is no need to use patiobolts (cost/skills/tools/drilling) or rod in tracks to try and lock the sliding doors against the pet door!
If you are time poor and do not have a few hours spare to fit the original pet door with the screen door adapter that requires notching/cutting/screwing/tools/handyskills, then the PatioLockTM is great.
If you are buying our XL pet door, then the PatioLockTM system is very helpful because you can quickly remove the pet door system in seconds to allow for instant human access through the sliding door. After which, you can pop the pet door back in and it will immediately lock to glass door again. When the pet door is out you can also immediately lock the glass door without having to relocate catchplates back on the wall!
How much does the PatioLockTM system cost?
The patioLockTM Security System prices below INCLUDE the PatioLockTM Pet Door AND an Adjustable Adapter AND delivery to most areas (refer our delivery page for free zone info).
|Flap Size||Single hook Lockset||Twin (two) hook Lockset|
|Small: 16cm (w) x 31cm (h)||$379||$399|
|Medium: 22cm x 41cm||$379||$399|
|Large: 27cm x 61cm||$389||$409|
|Extra Large: 39cm x 71cm||$399||$419|
Please note the twin hook lockset is a more complex locking system to allow for different twin-lock designs, so it is more expensive to manufacture. We have done our best to keep the prices very low considering they are made in Australia to guarantee quality and also support the Australian economy. 18 businesses are involved in making the locks alone!
What do I need to need to check before I order the Ultimate Security PatioLockTM system?
1. Check your sliding door frame falls between the 199-211cm guidelines (Details on the hoe page or on the Measurement tab).
2. Open your sliding glass door and flick the lock on the door handle. You will need to press the little pin in if the lock has two hooks to release them.
3. Note if your lock has one or two hooks coming out from the sliding door handle.ONLY common locks that have hook/s coming out from the sliding door HANDLE will lock (NOTE: Do not order the PatioLockTM system if the lock engages inside the centre of the aluminium sliding door frame- this type of lock will not work).
2. At checkout, select either the 'Single' or "Twin' lockset.
When will they be ready for despatch?
Secure your ultimate security set up now by clicking on the PatioLock item at the top of the webpage. Orders placed before 2pm are usually despatched the same day. :)
Please note XL doors in Black are sold out. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ordered on the Tuesday, arrived Friday. The quality of the product is unbeatable, powder coated aluminium, stainless steel parts and proper glass, yes it is dearer than the other brand available from a national hardware chain, but you get what you pay for. Super quick self install, great for renters...Thanks Modern Pet Doors, keep up being Australian.
This is an excellent product... Our puppy took to it straightaway and is loving her freedom. This have made potty training a breeze. I highly recommend this product.
Purchased the full kit and was relatively easy to install. Think the instructions could be been a little clearer but we got there in the end. Provides the security i need, the dog loves it and keeps the insects out. 100% happy!
After some great service on the phone to clarify sizing I placed an order Thursday before Christmas and it arrived in Victoria the next day. Door is well made and works well. Locks are very secure.
It is perfect for my aging dog (16yrs old) Took a couple of weeks of coaxing for her to use it but now she loves being able to go in and out whenever she needs to during the night, and I have peace of mind, knowing that the door is securely locked.
Had a slightly unorthodox install due to my door latch being a rare design, but with some quick feedback form Modern Pet Doors I was able to figure out a way to install this great product!
Thank you for your pet door. Communication from your company was great. Door arrived and installed the same day. Our Westie took to it immediately and no more insects in the house.
Easy to install, looks great, dogs love it.
I purchased a medium pet door, the patio lock and the screen door adaptor. All three were pretty easy to install for someone without any handy skills. The components are all really good quality and feel very secure. I'm very happy with the door and the dog loves using it.
Friendly service and fast delivery. Good quality construction and easy to install. So happy with the door we bought two.