*Free Delivery includes: most of SA, VIC, NSW, ACT + Metro Perth & Brisbane. Small courier 'gap' payments to regional areas & to NT, TAS, WA & Qld. **Free Delivery until April 29th 2016 so order your door TODAY! ***All XL doors and Medium White doors are on back order until late May.
Our dog doors for sliding glass doors offer you lots of benefits:
Freedom from getting up &/or cleaning up after your pet!
100% Moneyback Guarantee
Fast-fit option is great for renters because it means no cutting/drilling
Security: use your existing locks to secure your sliding door to our pet door insert when you buy the MAX Security package
Free Australia-wide delivery!*
Flap lock-out panel- steel locker panel to lock your pet in/out
10 year warranty
5mm thick toughened glass for your safety
Magnetic closing flap
Save $$$ on your utility bills: keep the heating/cooling in and the insects and weather out!
Choose from 4 colours (primrose, Black, White & Silver) and 4 sizes (S, M, L & XL).
We supply pet doors for sliding glass doors to most pet shops in South Australia, however, they retail for $320-$500. You can now buy your temporary pet door directly from us from $229 and have it delivered FREE!*if you ORDER before April 29th 2016.
Watch the video below for a guide to help you select the security& product combo to suit your specific needs:
Order today to get your free shipping by clicking on the 'Buy Now' button below:
If you have any questions, please feel free to call 0431 908 929 or email email@example.com
"A product that delivers as promised at an affordable price and it's easy to install. It'll be a blessing in winter with no longer needing to leave the sliding door open for my dog to go in and out during the day. I have already recommended it to family and friends. Thank you." Lisa, Hamilton QLD
"This dog patio door is amazing, extremely secure and looks great! I'm so happy with my purchase it was definitely worth it. Now I can get rid of that horrible kitty litter from the house and my cat has freedom to come and go as he wishes, best of all my sleep will no longer be interrupted :)." Angela, Sunshine Vic
"The pet door insert is as described and supplied, doing exactly what our family needed. No need for tradesmen or alterations to your home. Easy to install and remove, for a product that is totally relocatable. I have already recommended this product to friends, within a few days of installing." Stewart, Tapping WA
"Received it quickly, easy to install and have our puppy loving it!" Mick, Pyremont NSW
Why buy your dog door for your sliding door from Modern Pet Doors?
1. Quality: We over-engineered our patio pet doors so we can easily offer an Industry Leading 10 year warranty on our doors. We stand behind our product. Note some other brands only offer 1-5 year warranty periods - we wonder why such a limited warranty if their products are good?
2. Best Price:We offer tuly wholesale pricing that INCLUDES delivery to most major cities/areas (refer shipping section for details). So, we won't mislead you by advertising a price that does not reflect the actual cost of your door and charge you extra for delivery when you are at the checkout.
3. True Security+: If security is important to you, then we recommend buying the Screen Door Adapter with your pet door insert. We won't try and sell you extra 'security pack' gimics at checkout that are not needed. We don't believe it is ethical to create extra revenue from products that you do not need and are misleading.
4. 100% 5 Star Independent Customer Feedback:We have over 1000 'independent' 5/5 Star 100% customer satisfaction reviews on independent sites like EBay (user ID is juru73). Despite other brands claims, this is nearly twice the amount of postiive feedback and volume compared to other manufacturers.
5. Two distibution outlets:We are the only manufacturer setting up a second wholesale distribution outlet to reduce delivery lead times to the entire East and West coast of Australia.
6. Giving Back: Proceeds from every sale goes towards supporting a variety of charities including the Guide Dogs for the Blind; Work dogs for kids with Autism and Asberger's; Salvation Army; and Animal Rescue centres. So, your purchase is also helping others in need.
FAQs below to help you order the right pet door to suit your needs:
Can the flap be locked to keep the pet in/out?
Yes, each doggie door for sliding doors comes with a steel powdercoated locker panel to lock the pet in or out.
How do I select the right size flap for my pet?
Did you know most people overestimate the flap size needed? To prevent this from happening, perhaps take a moment to measure the shoulder height of your dog against your leg (it's easier!) and then refer to the table below. Please note the weight of your dog is not a reliable guide as some dogs are tall and skinny annd require a taller flap relative to their weight. Ultimately, it is the height&width that matter when choosing the correct flap. Cats like the small unless they are bigger than average- in which case we recommend a medium flap.
First:Selecting the Flap Width: Measure the approximate shoulder width of your pet and refer to table below for width reference.
Second:Selecting the Flap Height: Measure your pet from the ground to the top of their shoulder blades then refer below.
Ideally your pet’s shoulder height should be a minimum of 1-2cm shorter than the top of the flap and they also need to be able to fit through the flap width. Select the right size flap/door size from the table below. For instance, if your dog is approximately 18cm wide and has a shoulder height of 35cm, you would select the ‘Medium’ size dog door.
Max Pet height
Some suitable breeds
Order your Doggie Door for your sliding door today
Short Jack Russell, Chihuahua, Standard Cat
Poodles, terriers, beagles, large cats
Labrador, Small Shepherds, Staffordshires
Rottweiler, Gun dogs, Ridgeback
What measurements do I need to check BEFORE I order a patio pet door?
Our pet door insert is designed to fit sliding doors that fall within 'standard' sliding door height ranges. Please check the measurements below prior to ordering:
1. Your door frame needs to fall within the measurements below:
a. Distance between thevery inside bottom of your floor track to the bottom edgeof the top track is 199cm or more.
b. Distance between the very inside bottom of your floor track to the very inside top of your top track is 211cm or less.
*Please note custom colours are no longer available.
**The XL doors and Medium White doors are on back order until late May but if you place one on back order we will still deliver it for free even if the courier stops their special deal. Sorry for any inconvenience.
How much will freight cost?
Free Deliveryfor orders placed before April 29th 2016 tomost major cities in SA, Vic and NSW (and Perth, Canberra, Brisbane) and includes insurance!
For deliveries to QLD (outside metro Brisbane), NT, WA (outside metro Perth) and TAS, we will contact you after the order is placed to fix up any gap payments via email.
PICK UP- We have just set up a SECOND LOCATION in Northern Brisbane. Pick up is FREE. Call to arrange.
How long will it take to be despatched?
Doors are usually despatched the same day if payment clears before 2pm. We are open 365 days per year :)
What payment options are there?
Got a question? Call 0431 908 929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org After hours is usually fine :)
Contributing to helping out our four legged friends and children...
Just in case social justice and sharing is important to you, we thought we would let you know that every sale helps us to continue to sponsor:
- Guide Dogs for the Vision Impaired. We currently sponsor 'Buddy' and 'Olive' in their 2015 training program.
- Guide Dogs for children with Austism Spectrum Challenges
- Animal rescue centres
- Salvation Army
Our patio pet door will fit your sliding glass door seemlessly. Pets also find it easy to use..check out the clip below!
If you didn't watch the video at the top of the page, below is a written guide to help you decide whether you would want to select the 'Screen Door Adapter' option at the checkout.
What is the difference between the Pet Door Only (Fast-fit for renters) and the Max Security Package (Pet Door + Screen Door Adapter)?
The Pet Door Only is the 2m tall insert/panel that usually only fits in the glass door track because it is too thick-framed to fit in typcially narrow screen door tracks. Please note the screen door then needs to be left open once the pet door is in place to allow the flap to swing in and out of the house. So, once the pet door is fitted, the screen door is rendered useless because insects will fly into the house in the gap between the pet door and the screen door if you fully open the glass sliding door. So, the pet door only option is popular amongst those who:
a. Don't care about using the screen door (if there is one) AND/OR
b. Don't care about transferring the existing locks onto the pet door system but rather are happy to use a patiobolt or rod (included with every pet door) that is simply cut and laid in the track behind the sliding door to wegde it against the pet door (for security).
Hence, the Pet Door only option is popular with renters and/or those who plan on putting it in the laundry, for instance, and are happy not to use the screen door and/or do not want to put any screws into the sliding door frame as required when transferring lock mechanisms in the Max Security package installation. The Pet Door Only can be installed and removed in seconds. Feel free to watch the third video re fast-fit installation on the home page below to see it in action.
So, what then is the Pet Door with the Screen Door Adapter Max Package from $289 including delivery?
As noted above, the Pet Door is exactly the same unit as the fast-fit for renters. However, the Screen Door Adapter is an extra frame section that you can cut to length and screw on to the side of the pet door frame to achieve:
1. Security: Allows for the transferring of the existing locks on to the pet door system so that you can continue to lock the sliding door AND the ssecurity/screen door to the pet door with the original locks for convenience, security and aesthetics.
2. Screen Door Use: the screen door will also close into the side of the wide (10cm) Screen Door Adapter frame so that you can also use the screen/security door as per normal re locking and closing.
Essenially, home owners and/or renters who are putting the pet door into a main living area tend to buy the Pet Door with the Screen Door Adapter (Max Security Package). The Adapter allows BOTH the glass and screen doors to lock and close into the pet door system. So, this maximises security and convenience as existing lock mechanisms are utilised and airflow can be let into the house without letting all the mosquitos in. Check out our original post regarding the Max Security package Screen Door Adapter option below:
Check our Daisy & friends using their new pet door!
Remember: If you want to LOCK the sliding door to the pet door using the existing locks AND/OR want to be able to use your screen/security door, then you need to purchase the Screen Door Adapter accessory at the checkout process. This supreme set up we coined as the MAX security package many years ago and is also described in this old clip above or the new clip at the top of the home page. Sorry, the video goes for over 9 minutes but is pretty detailed and hopefully will help answer most questions.
If you are not fussed about using the existing sliding door locks to lock the pet door to the sliding door and/or it is going in a laundry, then you could just select the pet door on its own and not select the Screen Door Adapter at checkout. The fast-fit option (Pet door only) starts from only $229 including delivery*.
What benefits will I get if I select the Screen Door Adapter at the checkout?
As noted, there are a number of extra features when the pet door is combined with the screen door adapter. Just to clarify, the adapter is a universal doorframe section (16mm wide and 100mm deep - like the frame that runs up your wall that the sliding door closes in to) that you screw on to the side of the pet door to mimic the sliding door frame in your wall.
If you own your house we highly recommend the MAX package by selecting the Screen Door Adapter at checkout. If you are putting the pet door in a laundry door that you never see or use, then the pet door on its own is usually suffice unless you need to use your screen door for when the dryer is used (e.g., in winter) to prevent the room getting wet. The benefits of the pet door frame add-on accessory include:
1. Functionality: If you want to continue to use your screen or security door for AIR FLOW in/out of your house then you will need the screen door adapter (note if you buy the pet door on its own, the screen door has to remain open for the flap to swing in and out of the house, which means it can no longer be used as flies/mosquitos will get through the gap between the pet door and the screen door if you open the sliding glass door).
2. Security: If you want to continue to use your sliding door handle locking mechanism and screen/security door locks- The adapter copies the wall frame that your doors close in to on the wall, so transferring locks is possible. You can not use your security or screen door without the adapter. Sliding door locks can be transferred on to the pet door if your handle is adjustable but security can be reduced as the gap between the pet door and sliding door can be seen and accessed with a cutting blade or crow bar without the adapter.
3. Superior Weather Seal: - the Screen Adapter will hide the gaps between your sliding-screen doors and the pet doors, which improves weather seal and bug proofing capacity!
4. Aesthetics/Design/Looks: The Screen Adapter hides gaps which looks better, particularly if your sliding door is in a main living/entertainment area.