1. Patio Pet Doors from only $229including delivery!*
2. Pet Door+Screen Door Adapter from $289including delivery!*
3. Ultimate Security: PatioLockTM System from $299including delivery!*
*Free Delivery includes: most of SA, VIC, NSW, ACT + Metro Perth & Brisbane. Small courier 'gap' payments to regional areas & to NT, TAS, WA & Qld.
**Free Delivery until July 29th 2016 so order your door TODAY!
Modern Pet Doors presents the best way to lock the patio pet door to the sliding door without screwing or cutting or drilling: please watch this video before you buy any Patio Pet Door!
BREAKING NEWS! The PatioLockTM Ultimate Security System is now available to order!
Our Patent Pending PatioLockTM Security System offers the Ultimate in Security and Convenience for pet doors for sliding doors!
The PatioLockTM system (Patent Pending) is the ONLY patio pet door that locks the glass sliding door/s and also captures the screen door without screwing, drilling or cutting in to your sliding door frame. No more handy skills/costs and you can also re-use it and achieve security at the next property. Just assemble the lock kit and fit them to the pet door for quick convenient security!
The PatioLockTM system has the following uniquebenefits:
- Locks both single opening and double opening sliding doors (ie., two doors that open away from each other)!
- Fast installation- takes only minutes to set up and then relax and enjoy the easy security!
- No extra installation costs (average cost to install a pet door with a screen door adapter is $200).
- Fast and Easy removal without any damage/screws/tools/inconvenience. Great for holidays/parties/moving/XL doors.
- Locks to common sliding door lock mechanisms that entail hook/s that flick out of the door handle.
- No need to use crude rods in tracks to wedge the sliding door against the pet door.
- No need to install lock brackets to screw the pet door in to the sliding door frame.
- No need to purchase and install extra lock hardware (e.g., patiobolts that require tools/drilling/skills/costs).
- No damage and screw holes in the: sliding door, sliding door frame and pet door = great for renters!
- The only pet door system that can be used at multiple properties because it's totally adjustable - great for renters!
- Utlises existing locks which maximises security features of existing locks.
- Allows for keyed entry through the sliding door because the existing locks are used so the key lock will work!
- Allows use of your screen door as well with the Adjustable Security Adapter (patent pending) that also requires no cutting because it is height adjustable!
- Our Adjustable Security Adapter is the only multi-use adapter. You can re-use it at different properties because of its patent pending height adjustment system, so no need to buy another adapter if/when you change house- great for renters!
- The Adjustable Security Adapter also has a great weather and bug seal system to maximise insect and weather proofing.
- You can also lock the security screen as well if you transfer the catchers (this step involves screwing into the adapter).
- Sliding door will lock immediately after the pet door is removed- no need to relocate catchers (tools, skills, time) because original lock hardware remains untampered.
- Aesthetically pleasing - designed to mirror sliding door lock hardware.
- Made in Australia (18 businesses are involved in manufacturing this system!).
How much does the PatioLockTM system cost?
The PatioLockTM Security System prices below INCLUDE the PatioLockTM Pet DoorANDan Adjustable Security AdapterANDdeliveryto most areas (refer our delivery page for free zone info).
Single hook Lockset
Twin (two) hook Lockset
Small: 16cm (w) x 31cm (h)
Medium: 22cm (w) x 41cm (h)
Large: 27cm (w) x 61cm (h)
Extra Large: 39cm (w) x 71cm (h)
*Free Delivery includes: most of SA, VIC, NSW, ACT + Metro Perth & Brisbane. Small courier 'gap' payments to regional areas & to NT, TAS, WA & Qld.
**Free Delivery until July 29th 2016 so order your door TODAY!
***Please note the twin hook lock-set is a more complex locking system to allow for different twin-lock designs, so it is more expensive to manufacture. We have done our best to keep the prices very low considering they are made in Australia to guarantee quality and also support the Australian economy. 18 businesses are involved in making the locks alone!
Should I buy the PatioLockTM Ultimate Security System or the original 'Patio Pet Door + Screen Door Adapter- MAX security package'?
The great news is that you now have a choice to buy a patio pet door that best suits your needs and will hopefuly save you some money and time in the process.
If you are renting and/or not handy and/or are time poor and/or prefer fast convenient installation/removal of a patio pet door that uses the existing security features of the sliding door locks and/or have double sliding doors, then the PatioLockTM system will really suit. The extra cost of the locking system and adjustable adapter is less than half the cost of a professional installation charge and you can also keep re-using it at multiple properties. This system really does offer the ultimate in security and convenience.
If you want the PatioLockTM system, click on the Buy Now button below.
If you have free access to someone handy and you are also a home owner so that screwing into the sliding door frame etc to secure the pet door is not a concern and you are also not planning on moving home, then the original Patio Pet Door + Screen Door Adapter option will work fine.
To buy the BASE MODEL (requires drilling, screwing, handy skills)Patio Pet Door + Screen Door Adapter package click on the Buy Now button below:
What do I need to need to check before I order the Ultimate Security PatioLockTM system?
1. Check your sliding door frame falls between the 199-211cm guidelines (Details on the hoe page or on the Measurement tab).
2. Open your sliding glass door and flick the lock on the door handle. You will need to press the little pin in if the lock has two hooks to release them.
3. Note if your lock has one or twohooks coming out from the sliding door handle.
2. At checkout, select either the 'Single' or "Twin' lock-set.
When will the PatioLockTM system be ready for despatch?
They are ready to go!
Please note XL Primrose and Black doors are on back order until late September. XL White and Silver doors may be late October.
The new PatioLockTM Pet Door model also offers:
Freedom from getting up &/or cleaning up after your pet!
Pile weather seal for the flap.
100% Moneyback Guarantee
Security: use your existing locks to secure your sliding door!
Free Australia-wide delivery!*
Flap lock-out panel- steel locker panel to lock your pet in/out
10 year warranty
5mm thick toughened glass for your safety
Magnetic closing flap
Save $$$ on your utility bills: keep the heating/cooling in and the insects and weather out!
Choose from 4 colours (primrose, Black, White & Silver) and 4 sizes (S, M, L & XL).
Summary of some of the PatioLockTM ultimate security system benefits for those that may not have watched the video guides:
If you want to be able to easily lock your sliding glass door without needing anyone to help and/or without the need to spend money (e.g., $200) for a handy person to fit our original pet door + screen door adapter MAX security package then the PatioLockTM system is for you.
The PatioLockTM system is also great for renters and/or home owners that want to be able to re-use the system in other doors/properties without needing to leave screw holes in sliding door frames and on the pet door and without the need to buy another adapter at the next property. Note every sliding door tends to be a different height and also has different lock locations and mechanisms. Fortunately, the PatioLockTM solves all the problems associated with these variables because you can re-use without tools/screws/skills!
If you have twin doors (two doors that open away from each other), then the PatioLockTM system is the only system that will lock the glass doors easily and quickly. No other pet door system can do this with twin doors because you cannot transfer the catch plate on to the Screen Door Adapter as per the old method outlined in the MAX security packages because the catch plate is part of the door handle on one of the doors. Thus it makes no sense to remove a door handle and this also leaves that door unlocked. The PatioLockTM system solves all these issues and not there is no need to use patiobolts (cost/skills/tools/drilling) or rod in tracks to try and lock the sliding doors against the pet door!
If you are time poor and do not have a few hours spare to fit the original pet door with the screen door adapter that requires notching/cutting/screwing/tools/handy skills, then the PatioLockTM is great.
If you are buying our XL pet door, then the PatioLockTM system is very helpful because you can quickly remove the pet door system in seconds to allow for instant human access through the sliding door. After which, you can pop the pet door back in and it will immediately lock to glass door again. When the pet door is out you can also immediately lock the glass door without having to relocate catch plates back on the wall!
We supply pet doors for sliding glass doors to most pet shops in South Australia, however, they retail for $320-$500. You can now buy your temporary pet door directly from us from $229 for the model that requires screwing to achieve security through to the newPatioLockTM system from $379 and have it delivered FREE!*if you ORDER before July 29th 2016.
Watch the video below for an outline of the original pet door & adapter system re the MAX security package which requires screwing/cutting/tools/skills/ and single use of the adapter:
What if I still want to buy the original MAX security package that requires cutting, screwing, tools, skills, and single adapter usage?
As mentioned, for those who are handy and are not put off by screwing into the sliding door frame, cutting the adapter to size, transferring locks, and so on, then the original Patio Pet Door and Screen Door Adapter can still be purchased by clicking on the 'Patio Pet Door' item at the top of the page or by clicking on the 'Buy Now' Button below.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call 0431 908 929 or email email@example.com
"A product that delivers as promised at an affordable price and it's easy to install. It'll be a blessing in winter with no longer needing to leave the sliding door open for my dog to go in and out during the day. I have already recommended it to family and friends. Thank you." Lisa, Hamilton QLD
"This dog patio door is amazing, extremely secure and looks great! I'm so happy with my purchase it was definitely worth it. Now I can get rid of that horrible kitty litter from the house and my cat has freedom to come and go as he wishes, best of all my sleep will no longer be interrupted :)." Angela, Sunshine Vic
"The pet door insert is as described and supplied, doing exactly what our family needed. No need for tradesmen or alterations to your home. Easy to install and remove, for a product that is totally relocatable. I have already recommended this product to friends, within a few days of installing." Stewart, Tapping WA
"Received it quickly, easy to install and have our puppy loving it!" Mick, Pyremont NSW
Why buy your dog door for your sliding door from Modern Pet Doors?
1. Our PatioLockTM system is the only patio pet door to offer SECURITY with CONVENIENCE: No other pet door for sliding doors can lock the sliding door without screwing, cutting, tools or skills for almost instant security without the hassles and installation costs/time of the conventional systems (e.g., our MAX security package). Our Adjustable Security Adapter is also the only adjustable adapter (patent pending) so you can install it without tools and also re-use at the next property - great for renters!
2. Quality:We over-engineered our patio pet doors so we can easily offer an Industry Leading 10 year warranty on our doors. We stand behind our product. Note some other brands only offer 1-5 year warranty periods - we wonder about the quality with such limited warranties- do you?
2. Best Price:We offer truly wholesale pricing that INCLUDES delivery to most major cities/areas (refer shipping section for details). So, we won't mislead you by advertising a price that does not reflect the actual cost of your door and charge you extra for delivery when you are at the checkout.
3. True Security+: If security is important to you, then we recommend buying the PatioLockTM system or the Screen Door Adapter with your pet door insert if you are handy. We won't try and sell you extra 'security pack' gimmicks and brackets at checkout that are not needed. We don't believe it is ethical to create extra revenue from products that you do not need and are misleading.
4. 100% 5 Star Independent Customer Feedback:We have over 1000 'independent' 5/5 Star 100% customer satisfaction reviews on independent sites like EBay (user ID is juru73). Despite other brands claims, this is nearly twice the amount of positive feedback and volume compared to other manufacturers.
5. Two distribution outlets:We are the only manufacturer setting up a second wholesale distribution outlet to reduce delivery lead times to the entire East and West coast of Australia.
6. Giving Back: Proceeds from every sale goes towards supporting a variety of charities including the Guide Dogs for the Blind; Work dogs for kids with Autism and Asberger's; Salvation Army; and Animal Rescue centres. So, your purchase is also helping others in need.
FAQs below to help you order the right pet door to suit your needs:
Can the flap be locked to keep the pet in/out?
Yes, each doggie door for sliding doors comes with a steel powder coated locker panel to lock the pet in or out.
How do I select the right size flap for my pet?
Did you know most people overestimate the flap size needed? To prevent this from happening, perhaps take a moment to measure the shoulder height of your dog against your leg (it's easier!) and then refer to the table below. Please note the weight of your dog is not a reliable guide as some dogs are tall and skinny and require a taller flap relative to their weight. Ultimately, it is the height&width that matter when choosing the correct flap. Cats like the small unless they are bigger than average- in which case we recommend a medium flap.
First:Selecting the Flap Width: Measure the approximate shoulder width of your pet and refer to table below for width reference.
Second:Selecting the Flap Height: Measure your pet from the ground to the top of their shoulder blades then refer below.
Ideally your pet’s shoulder height should be a minimum of 1-2cm shorter than the top of the flap and they also need to be able to fit through the flap width. Select the right size flap/door size from the table below. For instance, if your dog is approximately 18cm wide and has a shoulder height of 35cm, you would select the ‘Medium’ size dog door.
Some suitable breeds
Order your Doggie Door for your sliding door today
Short Jack Russell, Chihuahua, Standard Cat
Poodles, terriers, beagles, large cats
Labrador, Small Shepherds, Staffordshires
Rottweiler, Gun dogs, Ridgeback
What measurements do I need to check BEFORE I order a patio pet door?
Our pet door insert is designed to fit sliding doors that fall within 'standard' sliding door height ranges. Please check the measurements below prior to ordering:
1. Your door frame needs to fall within the measurements below:
a. Distance between thevery inside bottom of your floor track to the bottom edgeof the top track is 199cm or more.
b. Distance between the very inside bottom of your floor track to the very inside top of your top track is 211cm or less.
*Please note custom colours are no longer available.
**Please note XL Primrose and Black doors are on back order until late September. XL White and Silver doors may be late October.
How much will freight cost?
Free Deliveryfor orders placed before July 29th 2016 tomost major cities in SA, Vic and NSW (and Perth, Canberra, Brisbane) and includes insurance!
For deliveries to QLD (outside metro Brisbane), NT, WA (outside metro Perth) and TAS, we will contact you after the order is placed to fix up any gap payments via email.
PICK UP- We have just set up a SECOND LOCATION in Northern Brisbane. Pick up is FREE. Call to arrange. Pick up also available in Woodville North in Adelaide.
How long will it take to be despatched?
Doors are usually despatched the same day if payment clears before 2pm. We are open 365 days per year :)
** Extra Large in Primrose/White/Black are currently on back order until October-November. Please order through the website to put one on back order.
What payment options are there?
Got a question? Call 0431 908 929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org After hours is usually fine :)
Contributing to helping out our four legged friends and children...
Just in case social justice and sharing is important to you, we thought we would let you know that every sale helps us to continue to sponsor:
- Guide Dogs for the Vision Impaired. We currently sponsor 'Buddy' and 'Olive' in their 2015 training program.
- Guide Dogs for children with Austism Spectrum Challenges
- Animal rescue centres
- Salvation Army
Our patio pet door will fit your sliding glass door seemlessly. Pets also find it easy to use..check out the clip below!
If you didn't watch the video at the top of the page, below is a written guide to help you decide whether you would want to select the 'Screen Door Adapter' option at the checkout.
What is the difference between the Pet Door Only (Fast-fit for renters) and the Max Security Package (Pet Door + Screen Door Adapter)?
The Pet Door Only is the 2m tall insert/panel that usually only fits in the glass door track because it is too thick-framed to fit in typcially narrow screen door tracks. Please note the screen door then needs to be left open once the pet door is in place to allow the flap to swing in and out of the house. So, once the pet door is fitted, the screen door is rendered useless because insects will fly into the house in the gap between the pet door and the screen door if you fully open the glass sliding door. So, the pet door only option is popular amongst those who:
a. Don't care about using the screen door (if there is one) AND/OR
b. Don't care about transferring the existing locks onto the pet door system but rather are happy to use a patiobolt or rod (included with every pet door) that is simply cut and laid in the track behind the sliding door to wegde it against the pet door (for security).
Hence, the Pet Door only option is popular with renters and/or those who plan on putting it in the laundry, for instance, and are happy not to use the screen door and/or do not want to put any screws into the sliding door frame as required when transferring lock mechanisms in the Max Security package installation. The Pet Door Only can be installed and removed in seconds. Feel free to watch the third video re fast-fit installation on the home page below to see it in action.
So, what then is the Pet Door with the Screen Door Adapter Max Package from $289 including delivery?
As noted above, the Pet Door is exactly the same unit as the fast-fit for renters. However, the Screen Door Adapter is an extra frame section that you can cut to length and screw on to the side of the pet door frame to achieve:
1. Security: Allows for the transferring of the existing locks on to the pet door system so that you can continue to lock the sliding door AND the security/screen door to the pet door with the original locks for convenience, security and aesthetics. The pet door locks into the sliding door frame with a bracket and hardware (included) and the top panel of the pet door can also be tek screwed up into the top track for extra fixing strength (tek screw included).
2. Screen Door Use: the screen door will also close into the side of the wide (10cm) Screen Door Adapter frame so that you can also use the screen/security door as per normal re locking and closing.
Essenially, home owners and/or renters who are putting the pet door into a main living area tend to buy the Pet Door with the Screen Door Adapter (Max Security Package). The Adapter allows BOTH the glass and screen doors to lock and close into the pet door system. So, this maximises security and convenience as existing lock mechanisms are utilised and airflow can be let into the house without letting all the mosquitos in. Check out our original post regarding the Max Security package Screen Door Adapter option below:
Check our Daisy & friends using their new pet door!
Remember: If you want to LOCK the sliding door to the pet door using the existing locks AND/OR want to be able to use your screen/security door, then you need to purchase the Screen Door Adapter accessory at the checkout process. This supreme set up we coined as the MAX security package many years ago and is also described in this old clip above or the new clip at the top of the home page. Sorry, the video goes for over 9 minutes but is pretty detailed and hopefully will help answer most questions.
If you are not fussed about using the existing sliding door locks to lock the pet door to the sliding door and/or it is going in a laundry, then you could just select the pet door on its own and not select the Screen Door Adapter at checkout. The fast-fit option (Pet door only) starts from only $229 including delivery*.
What benefits will I get if I select the Screen Door Adapter at the checkout?
As noted, there are a number of extra features when the pet door is combined with the screen door adapter. Just to clarify, the adapter is a universal doorframe section (16mm wide and 100mm deep - like the frame that runs up your wall that the sliding door closes in to) that you screw on to the side of the pet door to mimic the sliding door frame in your wall.
If you own your house we highly recommend the MAX package by selecting the Screen Door Adapter at checkout. If you are putting the pet door in a laundry door that you never see or use, then the pet door on its own is usually suffice unless you need to use your screen door for when the dryer is used (e.g., in winter) to prevent the room getting wet. The benefits of the pet door frame add-on accessory include:
1. Functionality: If you want to continue to use your screen or security door for AIR FLOW in/out of your house then you will need the screen door adapter (note if you buy the pet door on its own, the screen door has to remain open for the flap to swing in and out of the house, which means it can no longer be used as flies/mosquitos will get through the gap between the pet door and the screen door if you open the sliding glass door).
2. Security: If you want to continue to use your sliding door handle locking mechanism and screen/security door locks- The adapter copies the wall frame that your doors close in to on the wall, so transferring locks is possible. You can not use your security or screen door without the adapter. Sliding door locks can be transferred on to the pet door if your handle is adjustable but security can be reduced as the gap between the pet door and sliding door can be seen and accessed with a cutting blade or crow bar without the adapter.
3. Superior Weather Seal: - the Screen Adapter will hide the gaps between your sliding-screen doors and the pet doors, which improves weather seal and bug proofing capacity!
4. Aesthetics/Design/Looks: The Screen Adapter hides gaps which looks better, particularly if your sliding door is in a main living/entertainment area.